Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eclipse of the Moon


Did anyone see that fantastic eclipse of the moon last night?   I could kick myself for NOT getting any pictures of it! I have NEVER seen the moon look that clear!! Because of the orange and pink on it, it looked more like a ball up in the sky than just a circle. There were three stars, planets (I'm not sure, I think Saturn and Regulus are two of them) around it in a triangular pattern - just spectacular! I almost didn't go out and look, but Terry prodded me - glad he did! I hope that I will  see it again (December 2010).  I just bet my sister Carol got pictures of it - drat! Mine is from the internet!  :(   It looked exactly like this.

2 comments:

Mom Jones said...

Hi Ruthanne! I've been away from home all day and when I clicked on your post just now, I thought YOU had taken that fantastic picture of the eclipse. I held you in such admiration! Both Don and I were outside at ten-minute intervals trying to photograph that amazing sight. I am extremely disappointed in our results. I will probably post one of them later.

Unknown said...

Too cool. I wish I had seen it! I didn't hear anything about it.

I smiled when you said that dad prodded you into coming out to see. One of my favorite odd memories, is the first night we spent the night in new house (in sleeping bags) - dad woke us up to see the stars. We were annoyed, but it turned out to be worth it.