Saturday, January 12, 2008

An Unexpected Love

Isn't this just the sweetest face you've ever seen? I never ex-pected this feeling. It is an overwhelming love. Matthew Owen Johannes is our first grandchild. He is Shelley and Bob's son, and he couldn't be dearer to me. I can't explain my feelings, but I could just watch him all day - with a smile on my face. He is two years old now, and the feeling hasn't worn off. I love being with him, around him, listening to him, holding him, feeling his soft skin and hair. I love to read to him and hear his cute voice. One day he said, "I love you,Grandma, I love you!" I actually got him saying that on video and I love to watch it. It is so amazing that he would love me back. He is such a special little boy - he remembers everything! I have never felt so awed by another person. God has given me this wonderful grandson to love and I want to be the best grandma ever!



1 comment:

Mom Jones said...

Matthew does have the sweetest little face, and he is an exceptionally smart little fellow. I'm so glad you have him close to you to love and enjoy!

P.S. You have put your blog together beautifully! :)