Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanksgiving - Part 2


The real Thanksgiving Day was spent at our house with Shari and Mark and Esme; my sister, Carol and her husband, Don, and son Dylan; and my mom and her husband Roy. Shari and Esme had spent about ten days with us by then, and our son-in-law, Mark had come from Tennessee the day before. My sister, Don, Mom and Roy, and Dylan came late morning. Shelley and Bob and Matthew were also here until it was time to eat. Then they left to go to Bob's parents house.

This is a picture of Terry and me holding Esme. 
Below is a nice picture of Mom and Roy in our family room.


We started out with all kinds of appetizers in the family room. Thanksgiving is always kind of a crazy day for me. I enjoy the company, but the meal is so much work - especially actually getting all that food on the table and getting everyone around it! I loved having part of my family here. I always enjoy being with my sister. Don loves babies, so he just took over holding Esme that day. I am so thankful that everyone could be here with us!  Shari and Mark and Esme had to leave late afternoon to go to Mark's family's house. We are very blessed to have had them this year for Thanksgiving! 


This shows Dylan and Shelley (cousins). Shelley is about nine months along at this time and we were eagerly awaiting a new baby!


Here is our daughter, Shari, holding her nephew Matthew and daughter Esme. We miss them both so much. We found out that they are coming home again for Christmas! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving - we have so much to thank the Lord for!  Having our family for Thanksgiving was a great blessing!

No comments: